Monday 23 May 2016

Drawing on Ceramics...

Marabu Porcelain Painter Pens & Plain White Ceramics


My First Creation 

One of the things I had a little go of a while back was drawing onto ceramics using.  I was inspired by a trip to Homesense where I discovered these beautiful Sagaform Carafes which were crying out to be turned into people!  I bought the ceramics first and then went to Hobbycraft in search of ceramic markers.  I bought a selection of Marabu Porcelain Painter Pens and these are some of the results.  The pens are brilliant you can doodle away on the item of your choice and then simply cure the design in your oven.
A Circus Inspired Plate
Feed Me I'm Hungry
After posting my samples online I was lucky enough to be contacted to create some commissioned pieces.  I created an RAF inspired carafe and illustrated a plate for a fireman retiring from the fire service (not pictured).  I definitely want to explore using these pens to doodle on things in the future.
An RAF Inspired Commissioned Carafe 
An RAF Inspired Commissioned Carafe 
Teacup 
Playing Around With Hand Lettering & Quotes

0 comments:

Post a Comment